The art of meditation and mindfulness has gained global renown in recent times, however, few understand the meaning behind the terms.
Mindfulness refers to the act of being aware of yourself and your surroundings. On the other hand, meditation is the awareness of nothing i.e. the act of closing all your mental tabs and travelling inwards into a state of calmness.
There are many ways to calm an overactive mind and body, in a state of constant anxiety and overthinking. Chakra healing stones and other spiritually-rich tools are often employed for their benefit over the spiritual self.
Curious to know more about mindfulness and meditation? Let’s examine the two in further detail:
There are 3 major tenets of mindful spirituality. These include:
- The intention is to bring awareness to yourself and your surroundings
- Attention, or the ability to observe one's surroundings in the here and now
- A non-judgemental and clear attitude
Practising Mindfulness in your everyday life demands focused training of the mind which can be aided by the use of crystal jewellery.
- Find a comfortable place to sit
- Select your crystal of choice
- Hold it in your hands
- Become aware of your breathing and your surroundings as you focus on your crystal
- Allow your thought to come and go freely
- Sit in this position for 15 mins
- Your mind will calm itself from agitation, thoughts and anxiety.
The ancient practice of meditation offers serenity, peace, and balance in one’s mind, body and spirit.
Deep relaxation during meditation brings about major changes in your mind and body. It reduces your stress in life, balances your hormones, decreases your pulse rate, lowers blood pressure, and alters your mood and behaviour from anger and anxiety to peace and a calm mind.
- Wear comfortable clothes and find a comfortable place to sit
- Light a candle, dim the room or sit in the darkness with your spine straight
- Rest your palm on your thighs
- Close your eyes and take a couple of deep breaths
- Concentrate on your breathing and its rhythm
- Mentally relax and let go of your negative thoughts
- Continue meditating for 10 to 15 mins daily
- Increase your time limit slowly every day
Looking to begin your journey inwards? Browse through the Maha Mala catalogue of gemstone malas and more to find a piece that reflects your needs and desires today!